1DX: the floodgates have been opened

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jdavis37
Senior MemberPosts: 2,395
Like?
Re: 1DX: the floodgates have been opened
In reply to Tom Melanson, Jun 28, 2012

In general I am not that concerned about the high ISO performance given I am totally happy with the 5D3 in that regard. It will be hard at best for me to justify the 1D-X price given 5D3 + grip is about $3K USD less.

But I am interested in how the camera body features perform (in general sensor aspects have been thoroughly beaten in recent months, least IMHO). Now curious more about the features and how wel they work. AF speed, accuracy, low light AF, silent mode, etc. Looking forward to learning more about this beast!

Tom Melanson wrote:

Depends on your definition of "greatly". Looks to be about one stop. Definately Canon champ but at 1/2 the price, the 5DMkIII looks pretty darn good.

jdavis37 wrote:

The sensor peeping is tiring... I"d be surprised if sensor wise it is greatly different from 5D3. > > VivaLasVegas wrote:

The high ISO king is out.....the AF king is out..... the metering king is out......the fastest fps king is out.......let the Nikon fangirls in!

-- hide signature --

Life is a battle wishes aunt Titti

-- hide signature --

Please forgive the typos! A great speller I am, a great typist I am not!

I have shot with both Nikon D800 and Canon 5D3

-- hide signature --

(See equipment list under 'profile')

-- hide signature --

Please forgive the typos! A great speller I am, a great typist I am not!

I have shot with both Nikon D800 and Canon 5D3

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow