OM-D LV blinkies fail with low DR scenes

Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
gollywop
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,424
Like?
Re: Thoughts about limitations of image-data constituting "previews".
In reply to Ray Sachs, Jun 27, 2012

Ray Sachs wrote:

I wouldn't suggest that DM (and you) are going in the wrong direction - I'm glad there are folks out there with that level of technical adeptness to keep everyone on their toes. It goes a little (or a lot) deep for me sometimes, but I also learn from you guys and occasionally even on stuff I end up finding sort of useful. When I used the word "obsessed" I honestly didn't mean it as a put down. But while not the wrong direction, its a VERY specialized direction and one with somewhat limited applicability in the world of actual photography and cameras in use .

Go to it, stay with it, etc. But I'd be shocked if the engineers and designers working on these cameras are spending much or any time trying to please the slice of the market you guys represent.

So would I, Ray. I believe Iliah Borg has been trying for years with Nikon and Canon, and he's coming from a pretty impressive platform. But he's really gotten nowhere with issues like these.

But, stop and think about the OM-D. As I understand it, this standout camera that clearly broke the Olympus mold, was a revolutionary reworking of their mFT line that came about because of a consumer survey. The survey appears to have been limited to Japanese customers, but that's just fine. They spoke about what they would like in a camera of their dreams, and they seem to have gotten a good chunk of what they requested.

We can but keep trying.

take care,

-- hide signature --

gollywop

-----------

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow