A77 and Zeiss 135mm 1.8 Focus issue or not?

Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johncecilian
Regular MemberPosts: 303Gear list
Like?
A77 and Zeiss 135mm 1.8 Focus issue or not?
Jun 27, 2012

I wonder about my zeiss 135mm lens with my A77. In the office I like to test its focus speed and sharpness and everything looks good and I am totally happy with results in that environment, but I was waiting in the car today and took a photo of a yellow flower bud and noticed that it focused lock but it wasn't exactly on the bud or at least the screen didn't look to be in perfect focus and I must have taken a dozen shots, not sure if any were in focus. So when I looked at them on the computer, I got one which is the best of the bunch but not perfect for pixel peepers and wonder if that is just the way it is or can I do better. Shutter speed was fast, the lens was wide open, ISO was 50 and I was leaning against my car door, spot focus, and the little green square was on the yellow bud for a dozen shots, but I wonder? Maybe the wind??? Anyone like to comment, the best focused photo below:

johncecilian's gear list:johncecilian's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +5 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow