ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Altic
Regular MemberPosts: 354
Like?
Dell 8500 or 8500 special edition
Jun 27, 2012

Hi All,

I am running a Dell XPS 710 that is about 5 years old with Windows XP. I can not upgrade to LR 4 because I really don't want to go to Win 7 on this machine. I am considering the XPS 8500 entry level with 8 of ram vs the 8500 with 24in monitor with 12 of ram vs the special edition with 12 or ram, the SSD and no monitor. I have a 22/19 monitor setup now and really would like the 24 in monitor. Does anyone think I will have a problem running CS5, LR 4 and Auto Pano Pro with any of the setups? My primary camera is a 5DMKII, so the panos might be 7 or 8 raw files. I am inclined to go with the 12 of ram with the 24 in monitor. I only buy about every 5 years, so a couple of hundred dollars one way or the other doesn't bother me, I am more interested in what will process photos most efficiently. I am unsure if the SSD is really worth it. Many thanks.....Bob

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow