DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
tourtrophy
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Re: Funny how many people simply don't get the DP2M
In reply to ekaton, Jun 27, 2012

The projected price around $1000 is not over the top. To me as a Canon DSLR user, this is equivalent to buying a L prime lens. And you know how expensive that is. At this moment, if the DPm series can perform at the same level as the SD1m in terms of IQ, there is probably nothing in the Canon line up that could match the resolving power and pixel level detail, not even the 5D MK3 or 1DX sensor with any L prime lens mounted. Nikon has the D800E and that 's a different league. If you are looking for AF performance good sensor in a small body, forget it, just get the NEX or EM-5.

I am eying on the DP1m because this is my "L prime" without the need of upgrading my EOS 7D to a full frame body or necessity to over to Nikon D800E for the resolving. That 's money saving right there. The 19mm F2.8 lens on the DP1m is perfect and I don't need all the bells and whistles to take landscape shots. I don't miss the DP2m 30mm focal length. I already have a relatively cheap 2nd hand DP2s and its resolution is good enough for normal use.

There 's no such thing as one camera fits all. Dream on.

tourtrophy's gear list:tourtrophy's gear list
Sigma DP2s Fujifilm FinePix F600 EXR Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 7D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Dp1MNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow