Which printer for 13x19 prints (Epson vs Canon)

Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tiko
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Which printer for 13x19 prints (Epson vs Canon)
Jun 27, 2012

I'm in the market for a 13x19 printer and am having a tough time choosing between an Epson Artisan 1430 and a Canon Pixma Pro 9000MKII. They're both on sale and the canon is about $150 more expensive than the Epson. While I'm inclined towards the Canon, the price of the Epson is lucrative. However my experience with Espon printers (home office inkjets) hasn't been very positive. Something about the quality and paper handling mechanism makes me hesitant. My experience with Canon has been great so far, but it's $150 bucks more. I am mostly concerned about print quality (speed not an issue) and average running costs (ink).
Has anyone used either and willing to share their experience?

PS. I mainly shoot portraits and landscapes, as an amateur photog (not for profit, although I do some "pro" work for community fundraisers).

Thanks!!
--
@AT

tiko's gear list:tiko's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow