Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeCD2020
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
D800 & SB910 Help !... Please...
Jun 27, 2012

I am using a Nikon D800 and an SB910 flash. When I set the camera exposure compensation to say -2ev and leave the flash exposure on 0, then I expect the background to be 2 stops underexposed and the flash to be correctly exposed... this is NOT happening... the flash seems to also be shooting at the cameras exposure compensation value... It is exactly the same when using the cameras built-in flash as a commander module and the 910 in remote mode... to get the correct effect I have to add +2ev to the flash...

This is really bugging me, on the canon system the camera and flash exposure compensation are independent... and makes sense, as far as I can remember, the Nikon I used years ago, FM2 & F3 also worked independent of flash compensation...

Can anyone tell me which hidden sub-menu I have to fiddle with to get some sort of logic to prevail.... ? Please... !

Mike

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow