Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,697
Like?
My OMD EM5 experience at Ritz/Wolf Camera in Chicago
Jun 27, 2012

Walked in yesterday to see if they had a demo model to at least check out, as I wasn't betting on them having one to sell yet. There were 3 sales guys hanging out and no customers, as it was early in the day. I asked if they had one in the store and they all looked at me like I was crazy, not because I expected them to have one, but because none of them had any idea the camera even existed! I had them go to their own online website and what would you know, there it was, available for pre-order.

I asked if any of these guys ever do any research on cameras and what's coming out, or read reviews or gain info in places like DPreview. They all said no, when the work day is done, they don't want to think about cameras. I believe between the three of them, they couldn't tell me more about any camera they sell in that store than what's on the little sales tag swinging from the camera.

I then asked them what the advantages are of buying at a brick and mortar store and paying full retail and tax vs. buying cheaper online. They said "the customer service".

Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow