Good Macro lens for Nex7 ... food photography

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dennishh
Contributing MemberPosts: 502Gear list
Like?
Re: Good Macro lens for Nex7 ... food photography
In reply to thincrust88, Jun 27, 2012

Most of the photographers I know that are really good food shooters mostly use tilt shift lenses to get that selective focus and sharp food that you see. An option here would be to get a used Canon 90 mm tilt shift or a Nikon tilt shift and use adapters put him on the Sony. Food is all about lighting so try to work on that also. Keep the lighting simple to start with, may be use a large window that's facing North to get that beautiful North light coming in from behind your food and a simple reflector. Combine this light with selective focus, great styling and beautiful food and you've got it made.

I use a Zork tilt shift unit with a Rodenstock 105mm f/4 APO-Rodagon N Enlarging Lens, this thing is so sharp. http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_mfs.htm This is a pretty expensive way to go, to start with I would you say used lens. There is an adapter that tilts made for some contax and zeiss lenses.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow