Any film shooters out there?

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stuart001
Regular MemberPosts: 463Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to take my FG out for a spin
In reply to Joseph, Jun 27, 2012

I still shoot film, mainly B&W but wanting to get back into more colour. I have a few Olympus 35mm, an old Bronica S2A with Nikkor lenses and a Toyoview 4x5. I started in photography in the 1960s (I was very young) and have really only started serious digital photography in the last three years. Still have a darkroom set up, too.

I was getting worried about film ten years ago, but companies like Fuji and Ilford are still making film, paper and chemicals. Cameras like the Lomo and Holga seemed to reinvigorate the film world, at least for a while. And a scan from a 4x5 works out to about a 300MP image! Interesting that a 4x5 and a couple of lenses can still be had for the price of D800--although I'd like one of those, too!

There's something about using film that slows you down and makes you more contemplative, I find. Having a roll of 12 exposures that you know are going to take you time to even see them makes you take the whole thing a little more seriously!

It would be great to have a film forum--sign me up!

Stuart001's gear list:Stuart001's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LotsNew
I doNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow