Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VinceC
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
NEX-7 - Annoying Questions
Jun 27, 2012

These will have been asked before - so sorry. I am on a steep learning curve coming from Canon (selling my 550D, keeping my 5D Mk2) and want to understand the NEX-7 ASAP.

Firmware: my body firmware is V 1.00, the 18-55 lens is V 01. What is the latest, should I and how do I update? (hopeful question here) does any update allow a "My Menu" of frequently used settings.

Manual or guide. The skimpy printed manual provided is a bit basic and not very explanatory. There is a manual on the CD - but it is not much use when I'm on a train or out without a laptop! Can I get a decent (printed) manual or guide book? Recommendations?

Clone batteries. I suspect that, compared to my Canons, battery drain is going to be an issue. Are there any decent, reasonably priced clones out there yet (I'm in the UK)?

Bag (sorry). I want a really small bag that will hold the camera and 18-55 lens, spare battery and a couple of memory cards. Preferably a shoulder bag that can clip to a belt.

Views on RAW conversion - ACR (CS5 version) vs Sony supplied with the camera. ACR is great for speed, but doesn't do as good a job on detail and colour gradation as Canon's own. What is the situation with the NEX-7? Should I get hold of a ColorChecker and build a profile?

Apologies for basic questions - I appreciate your help.
--
Best regards
Vince C

VinceC's gear list:VinceC's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +4 more
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow