ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rsenk19
Regular MemberPosts: 207Gear list
Like?
EPL-2 for landscape photography
Jun 27, 2012

Hello,

I m asking the experts in different forums to guide me in choosing a right model for

landscape photography. I personally prefer Olympus for its excellent JPEG quality and was going to buy an EPL-2 (the EM5 exceeds my budget) with the kit lens.

But many discourages me to go with EPL-2 for the lack of IQ in low light situations.

Friend of mine suggested to go with Nikon D3100(Entry level DSLR) for the quality of the images in low light. But the wide angle lense options looks pretty expensive and the sizes are too bulky. Though don't prefer to carry the "missile" size lenses, considering the image quality, I may have to change my system to Nikkon.

Any of you have shooted landscape with EPL-2 with any particular wide angle lenses?

What about the cheaper wide converter option which can be attached with the kit lens to produce 11 mm (11 mm x 2 = 22 mm ( 35 mm equivalent) focal length?

Any suggestions or feedback are much helpful for my purchase choice.

thanks.

rsenk19's gear list:rsenk19's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +4 more
Nikon D3100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow