Sigma 150/2.8 OS Macro - no luck

Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bmark
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427
Like?
Re: Sigma 150/2.8 OS Macro - no luck
In reply to JacquesBalthazar, Jun 27, 2012

Thanks, It is really pretty simple. I always shoot macro with a tripod and I found this cooperative fly on Johnson Grass with more grass in the background, but at some distance so it blurred out very nicely. There was no flash on the shot I posted above and I shoot most of my macros with natural light. I did try one with flash but I don't like it as well. Maybe if I had reduced the flash power it might have been better.

For post processing I follow the same basic routine for most of my nature photos. I first crop it in a pleasing way, if necessary. Then I might perform a shadows/highlights adjustment if the shadows need lightening up and then I perform a levels adjustment to set the white and black points. Then I typically use some kind of S-curve to bring up the contrast and adjust brightness. Finally a conservative unsharp mask. BTW, I have my camera set to be neutral without any contrast, saturation, sharpening, etc. added by the camera.

I always thought my Sigma was pretty sharp, but after fine tuning on the D800, it appears to be even better.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow