Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Photozone 28 1.8G - Another Thumbs Up Review
Jun 27, 2012

The new Nikon 28 1.8G has now been tested and reviewed by Photozone and it's the second positive review in a week (ePhotozine being the other).

Excellent MTF scores, very good wide open, to excellent in the center at f2.8-4 with the borders not far behind, and by f5.6 it's excellent across the frame, with the center performance at extremely high levels similar to the 35 1.4.

The only real negatives, are similar to other fast lenses like the 35 1.4G, heavy vignetting at max aperture. Everything else distortion, CA, etc look good.

Nikon seems to have another winner here, and after the 85 1.8G, appears to be on roll.

http://www.photozone.de/nikon_ff/751-nikkorafs2818ff

I'm sure some may prefer one of the f1.4 G wides (so would I if my better half didn't have other ideas), but except for build quality and a slightly slower max aperture, the 28 1.8 G, at least based on these early reviews, doesn't give up much at all vs. the significantly more expensive fast Nikkor wides.

They also tested it on DX and interestingly, CX, but I went straight for the FX review.

If this has been posted, I do apologize for the duplicate.

Cheers everybody, Markus

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow