DP2 Merrill may be released on July 12th

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
maridia
Forum MemberPosts: 98
Like?
@katate
In reply to katate, Jun 26, 2012

It would be lovely if this release date is to be true, though I think its alleged price is much too high. Not that it doesn't have the potential to be worth it, only I don't feel it marketable at a cost over $800. Not that I know what I am talking about, mind you.

For me, this camera is just about perfect - but not close enough to warrant an intended purchase from me (yet), especially at the alleged cost.

I know people scoff at the beckoning of image stabilization on fixed lens cameras, but I feel it to be a very, very important feature. And with the DP series lacking again in this regard, I am left frustrated and perplexed. As other than this, and the poor macro performance, the DP2M is a seemingly huge leap forward over its predecessor and definitely a camera to watch. I returned my DP1x due to its poor auto-focus times and horrid LCD screen, and the lack of IS and poor macro (though I knew these features to be missing when I ordered it). If only the new DP series had IS, and a lower price point, I'd be scrambling to find a place to preorder one from.

Well, it'd also be super nice if Sigma would show a little Linux love with respect to its proprietary software.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Dp1MNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow