Driving me CRAZY! Need Eos Utility 2.11 for mk3...

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
SDRebel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,489
Like?
Several Canon programs require original install
In reply to denmarkdavis, Jun 26, 2012

Several Canon software programs, such as EOS, require an original install of some version from the Canon disc. So, even if there is an update posted, it won't install unless you have a previsious version on your computer and properly installed.

Other Canon software is free of this constraint.

Whether someone who has a disc with EOS can email you files that will install is a question I can't answer.

What I understand is that you have to have a disc, that if you have lost it, then you have to purchase a disc from Canon. I believe the price is in the range of $30.

Of course, if you have a prior version of EOS, you can download the update when it is made available.

That is another issue. For some reason, perhaps Freud explains it in his writings, Canon retains these sorts of updates for months after new equipment has made it to the market. I've never been able to ascertain a reasonable basis for this policy, but it has been the practice of Canon for many years.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow