Do you travel with only one lens to California?

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
bronxbombers
Forum ProPosts: 18,226
Like?
Re: Do you travel with only one lens to California?
In reply to andyus08, Jun 26, 2012

andyus08 wrote:

Hi,

I'm traveling to California on business trip next week (Long Beach), but i will have 2 days free to travel to the south like San Diego. Since it's business travel, i can't bring all gears and i don't want P&S camera. So i decide to bring my classic 10D. Just torn between 50mm 1.4 and 200mm L .

Anyone is in the similar situation? I mostly shoot architecture and portrait, and some landscape.

Also, any interesting place to shoot ( i'd prefer place such as old architecture, or old town...) do you suggest?

Thanks very much.

I guess 50 1.4 but I'd way rather have say a tamron 17-50 2.8 or a canon 70-300L if it could only be one lens. 200mm will be long for some stuff and 50mm is neither wide nor long.

There is a ton to shoot there. San Digeo Zoo, Point Loma, Coronado Beach (go to the Coronado Hotel and right behind it the beach is nice and the hotel itself makes for great shots).

Up just a little is La Jolla, with a nice cove with pelicans and sea lions and such.

I think there is also some sort of ship there to visit.

You can shoot the S.D. skyline across the bad from Coronado (opposite side as the hotel I mentioned above).

Some of the city has some neat buildings to shoot.

For just strolling around and taking in the sights, Mission Beach, wow, no more need be said.

If you are lucky sometimes they also have events there like sorta mini-x games with snowboarding (yes) and skateboarding trick parks set up or red bull airplane racing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow