Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iamvoldemort
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Return?
Jun 26, 2012

I've had my D800 for a little over a month. I have shot approx 2600 shots with it so far.

I am a little skeptic on some of the issues I have been having with it.

I have updated the recent firmware but still getting CF card errors. I am using a 32gb Sandisk Extreme.

I am having a lot of focus issues. It will sit and try and focus over and over but doesn't until I let it rest for a few seconds and re try. Sometimes when it is focused it won't let me click down the shutter button. Also focusing in low light situations is almost impossible.

Lastly I use my camera in auto white balance. I have been getting two complete different colors from shots that are taken right in a row. One will have a cool tone and the shot taken .5 seconds later will have a super warm tone. (not moving the camera only the subject in the shot has moved slightly)

I have searched around the forum and haven't seen people talking about any AWB issues or the focus (only the left side) that I have been experiencing. I shot with the D700 for the last two years doing wedding photos and currently using a 24-70, 35 1.4g and 85 1.4 and experience zero issues. Every lens on the D800 gives me the focus issues. I need reliability while I am out there and losing faith in this camera.

Do I return, wait for new firmware, or is this a send to nikon and get fixed kind of issue?

iamvoldemort's gear list:iamvoldemort's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow