5D II bad AF - really? Are you kidding?

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,509Gear list
Like?
Re: both groups have points
In reply to qianp2k, Jun 26, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

It’s hard to get 1D4 now. Personally I’d pickup 1D4 over 5D3 if 1D4 is $4200 or less. There are basically no used 1D4 in eBay. Birding and wildlife shooters hold 1D4 tight as it still has much higher pixel density than 1DX (27mp vs 18mp). My understanding is that you will feel noticeable difference between 6 and 8fps. Nevertheless it’s disappoint that 5D3 only can shoot 6fps when years old D700 already can do 8fps. FPS is one thing and buffer depth is another thing that is equally important. In a peak time of BIF, some types of wildlife and action shots such as airshow, buffer is also critical. 15 RAWs in 5D3 is not enough to many shooters with higher demands.

correct - the reason we hardly find any 1D IV used talks a clear message - the relatively high demand for the 5D III we see now is due to the fact that many people have been holding back their investments waiting for a new toy (40 8 50 60 D owners and 5D classic owners)

And these toy boys are the ones that normally always complain about prices - funny to see them justifying the value.

To have a discussion you need at least two parties having a different opinion - funny to see so many fighting for the 5D III - never saw that discussion when the 5D II came out - I can recall that despite the black dots everyone was happy and it took me four months after sales start to get one - now I know three people that got it in germany the first month

Canon seems to have plenty of manufacturing capacity - right?

btw - the discussion was completely different when the 5D II was published - almost all 5D classic owners were disappointed that the new 5D II was so cheap and that the used value of the 5D classic went down - that was the main criticism - no one complained about the improved image quality - no one!!

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow