Is this a studio?

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Thomas Mitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,377
Like?
Re: Is this a studio?
In reply to drh681, Jun 26, 2012

drh681 wrote:

and the "ambient" light you disdain is a source and quality all its own.

depending on the window's orientation to the sun's track, this may provide a nice soft light all day most of the year.

I don't disdain ambient light at all. I do disdain the idea that it's there even when I don't want it.

I don't know if I'd like to have my clients "on display" as we work; but I could always set the drop with the back to the window.

Probably my biggest concern. And very limiting. Nothing more than PG, for sure. And, with it being an hourly-rental place, much value would be lost having to cart in my own materials and spend time blocking up window space just for some privacy.

I had a friend who rented his studio out to make extra money. Totally different. Plenty of backdrops, lights, modifiers, props, sets, furnishings. A reception area. Black walls and ceiling. Partitions. A sound system. Bathroom with a shower. He charged $45 an hour, just $5 more than this place if you include what they admit are extremely limited equipment. What a difference.

-- hide signature --

Photons by the bag.
Gravitons no longer shipped outside US or Canada
-----.....------

if I mock you, it may be well deserved.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow