Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: not much else doing 2012
In reply to Dan_168, Jun 26, 2012

Dan_168 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Anyway Canon EOS AF is always faster than Nikon stone-aged screw-driven AF, especially in the critical initial lock and now Canon's new 61-pt AF is also better in tracking and even faster burst rate.

Perhaps you are not aware of we are no longer at the stone age? I shoot with both canon 1DS/1D line and a D3 myself too. Regarding the initial locking, I suggest you try the D4 or even the D800E if you haven't done so, you may be have a different opinion. my own D800E is coming soon but i have shot with a D800 many many time so I am speaking from personal experience, not internet forum report. But I do understand this is in the Canon 1D forum,

The nice thing is that Nikon users can use those old lenses if they like. I agree. I used to own and use a 1Ds and 1Ds2. The AF was very good. Based on tge testing I ran with the 5D3, I could find no real world difference in AF between it and my D800.

I too am always more interested in real world use and real world output to print...as opposed to some of these internet forym experts with little real experience sitting in front of a monitor trying to see differences at 300% while anal-izing a DxO chart.

I've been doing this professionaly for more than two decades and completely agree with you!

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow