t2i vs t3i for son's first slr

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
guinness2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,596
Like?
Re: t2i vs t3i for son's first slr
In reply to alexenko, Jun 26, 2012

I would buy T2i in combo kit with 18-55IS and 55-250 IS, as most often offered.
As a boy, he will appreciate play with tele.

Even I would like to have swing/out screen for low angles, the price difference is not worth it probably.

As to lags, you are on the safe side with T2i, desipte I don't understand what the article you mentioned is speaking about. Start lag you can avoid with letting camera switched on, just in sleep mode and as to shutter lag , (between shutter button full press and actuation), I met this on P&S only, not on DSLR.
But maybe I got you wrong, you seem to know the things.

alexenko wrote:

Hello.

My son has been wanting to start exploring photography, and I'm planning on getting him something before the vacation season starts. I'm a canon person (ok, except for fuji x100) so I'm going to stay within the canon family.

I'm going between the canon t2i and the t3i. I understand one of the biggest differences is the swing-out view screen (don't care) and the t3i is a bit bigger and heavier (mostly a don't care). Everything else seems to be very similar, although I've been told that the start-up time, shutter lag and some of the focus and shooting modes are slower in the t3i, although I can't seem to find that in print anywhere.

Any opinions?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow