HS30 Firmware update and some test pics.

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
HS30 Firmware update and some test pics.
Jun 26, 2012

After a bit of a delay I updated the HS30 to the newest version of firmware. Looking at the Fugi site there were three changes listed and none of them I’d say would be critical to my shooting. Now the firmware is installed and I’ve had a good play I just get the feeling that there may have been some other small changes included but not listed. OK it could be my imagination or even my settings but some of my test pictures compared to pre firmware update seem to exhibit less noise. The perceived change is only small and doesn’t stand out like a neon light and I might be totally wrong.

Has any one else noticed any unlisted changes post firmware update?

For my tests it was back to the marina, it’s about the only place locally where I can find willing subjects, well maybe not.

All pics strait out of the camera, and yes they could do with a bit of work.

These little Turns just don't look impressed.

This bird is a bit of a mystery to me, I'm not sure exactly what it is.
Shag of some sort? The internet didn't throw up any hints for local birds....

It wasn't to worried about me but once it thought I was close enough it was, bye bye.

Actually these samples are all in Shutter Priority. I did do a several others in EXR both in L and M for my comparisons, their just boring as...
--
Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow