Scored on a GF3 + 14mm pancake deal from Amazon

Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
007peter
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,939Gear list
Like?
I wanted a 12-35 f/2.8 or 35-100 f/2.8, but DUAL CAMERA make sense
In reply to Timbukto, Jun 26, 2012

Timbukto wrote:

My wife is ok with the red color, and I'll let my daughter shoot it. The biggest downfall of shooting primes is not being able to jump to another focal length...but perhaps a dual body system fixes that!

Definitely

• Canon 5dmk2 + 40mm f/2.8 for portraits. That'll deliver even thinner dof than a Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 that cost nearly $600

• GF3 + 14mm f/2.8 pancake will cover your wide angle.

Between these 2, you really don't need anything else. Unfortunately for me, canon doesn't make an EF-S 25mm f/2.8 pancake for my canon rebel t1i. While I'm very happy with my current canon T1i DSLR ( for telephoto ) and Panny GF2 ( for everything else ). I have been contemplating the full switch using dual setup

Instead of paying $1200 for a Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8, I think I might just go with 2 camera + 2 prime approaches.

• GF3 + Sigma 19mm f/2.8 to cover my wide end landscape

• GF2 + Olympus 45mm f/1.8 to cover my portrait needs

With the Panasonic GF2 and GF3 so cheap on ebay - much cheaper than any canon G-series point/shoot. Sometimes, it makes sense to buy TWO OF THEM and avoid all lens change.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow