Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,290Gear list
Like?
Scored on a GF3 + 14mm pancake deal from Amazon
Jun 26, 2012

A little under $290 for the combo (it's a red GF3...most likely some clueless consumer couldn't figure out how to get the GF3 they bought from a lightning deal to zoom or shoot portraits)...I think that is quite good since lensrental showed the 14mm panasonic to be one of the best wide-angle offerings in sharpness, etc. It's also apparently one of the smallest pancakes too.

I'm pondering a dual system setup now...I'll find out how it works tomorrow. I currently have a 5D MK II FF with mostly primes except for a wide-angle zoom. Sometimes when I shoot my portrait primes I lose out on wide-angle shots (because I'm lazy/reluctant to do lens swaps especially in wind, etc) which is why I jumped on the GF3 + 14mm. To be honest I'm happier about the lens than I am about the GF3...but I think I may be happier with the GF3 than I was with the E-PM1 with a not so good IBIS. Probably I'll be happier with the touch screen LCD and grip.

Looked again at all the other primes I might want to snag but I forgot how pricy they all are, so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for refurb deals or pre-owned, etc. Anyone else think a dual body prime system to be viable or just silly? I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow