Started Jun 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RSColo
Contributing MemberPosts: 628Gear list
Like?
Sharpest Lens for MFT at 200mm
Jun 26, 2012

I worded the subjest of this question carefully. What lens is sharpest at 200mm (400mm eqiv.) for my MFT camera? I would prefer an MFT lens, but FT with adapter may be better. I am even willing to look at other format lenses with adapters as well. MFT and FT have advantages in auto-focusing, but I do tend to manual focus anyway. In-lens stablization is nice for my Panasonic body (GH!), but I also tend to tripod at the telephoto end anyway. I love the images from my 25mm Leica/Pan and like the images from my Pany 7-14. The images from my Pany 14-140 are OK but clearly not as sharp. I want something very sharp at the long end. I know this is a bit of a wasteland in the MFT world. But I would still like to know what the sharpest images are I can capture at 200mm with my MFT camera with todays lenses.

Let the opinions begin.
--
Reid Shay
http://www.sawatchpub.com

RSColo's gear list:RSColo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow