Flat view
markhayphotography
Regular MemberPosts: 122
Like?
lens dilemma
Jun 26, 2012

Hi folks,
lately, I've been shooting with primes...50mm/1.4, 85mm/1.8 & 24mm/2.8

I also have a 28-135/3.5-4, but it sits in my case unused for the most part. I need the bokeh! I like to shoot weddings and I can't continue to cut it with the fixed lenses during ceremony type situations.

Here's the deal. I'm ready for an L lense. My plan was to get the 24-105/4. It is basically in my price range at around $850.

However, I'm certain I'll much more prefer a faster lens for lower light. I need you guys to convince me to get a Sigma 24-70/2.8 and tell me everything will be okay ( in my ideal price range).

Or I need serious convincing to squeeze myself and get the Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC at around $1250. I might just have to wait longer before I do it.

Will I kick myself if I don't stick with Canon? Will the Sigma cut it? Or will it always be that lens that I settled for?

Please note that I will not be able to drop $1500 on the Canon 24-70, and certainly won't be waiting for the mark ii at my budget.

Thanks in advance,
-Mark

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow