Tried to get the best out of my 16mm pancake.

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
rodderslw
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks to all for the encouragement and thoughtful C&C
In reply to DtEW, Jun 25, 2012

Thanks to all for the encouragement and thoughtful C&C. To answer some questions and comments:

• Given the response I'm reasonably happy with the pancake lens IQ I've had it for some time but don't use it much. I also have the ultra wide converter...should have tried that too.

• Yes ooops the horizon is right out. Should have used the grid lines to help and not rushed around so much.

• I will try and managethe focus better next time. As suggested focus 1/3 into the picture and maybe use F8.

• Yes it was windy...about 20-30knotts and my tripod is pretty light so next time I will use a bag with a rock under it : )

• Yes should have used my other lenses too that day. Would have been a good real world comparison for the pancake.

This spot is about 2 hours drive from my place. Given all I've learn't I'm of a mind to go back pre-dawn again to have another go! I see why some people really get in to landscapes it's very diffrent to i.e people shots.

Thanks again peeps.

rodderslw's gear list:rodderslw's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony a6000 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow