Ken Rockwell no longer shoots Nikon?

Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
genuine glass lens
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Re: Ken Rockwell no longer shoots Nikon?
In reply to slidewilson, Jun 25, 2012

I purchased a new D800 and loved it, especially along with a 14-24. I bought it because Ken told me it was the best camera in the world.

Until I discovered, by reading Ken's site, that it's nowhere near a professional camera. Amateur all the way. It's got a flash.

So I sold it, along with a bank of Nikon optics, and bought the new Canon Mk III, which I didn't like as much as the Nikon, even though the Canon is a professional model.

So I sold it, along with the bank of Canon optics that I bought with it (all through Ken's site, to help with the kid's education), and bought a new Fuji X-Pro1, which is a far better camera than this silly Leica's, as Ken told me it was better than Nikon, Canon and Leica.

But I hated it, as through the lens viewing is difficult.

So, I'm probably buying a new D800 and a bank of Nikon optics through Ken's site, so I can help with the kid's education.

I find his site to be very well thought out, honest, and with no agendas whatsoever.

I'll check back soon, and let you know what I think of the D800, which apparently isn't a very good DSLR.

I may have to get rid of it and go Canon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow