ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VinceC
Contributing MemberPosts: 884Gear list
Like?
NEX 7 and dust vs DSLR
Jun 25, 2012

Hi

For the last few years I have had Canon & Nikon DSLRs. Since they fitted the vibrating dust removal systems I have had no problems with dust on the sensors. Before that I had to do a wet clean regularly. I'm now considering moving from a Canon 550D to a NEX 7 due to the smaller weight and size. I will use it with two lenses (18-55 & 55-210) so I will need to change lenses.

I see that the sensor on the NEX 7 is exposed when you change lenses (the shutter blinds cover the sensor on a DSLR).

Does anyone have experience in moving from a DSLR to a NEX 7? Is dust likely to be an issue? An added dimension is that I will shortly visit Western Australia where I am toild it can get dusty.
--
Best regards
Vince C

VinceC's gear list:VinceC's gear list
Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow