Really struggling... A77 v NEX 7

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
phutyle
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: Really struggling... A77 v NEX 7
In reply to BoyntonBlade, Jun 25, 2012

I have both, and overall, the A77 is the more powerful camera.

Much better autofocus (even with the LA-EA2 adapter on the Nex7, the A77 has more autofocus sensors) and built in image stabilization. Also, settings memory. And while they both use the same EVF, the implementation is much better on the a77 - larger image that isn't prone to distortion if your eye isn't square on to it. In many situations, the size of the A77 it is actually an advantage too (e.g, when shooting with larger lenses).

That's not to say that I don't love the Nex7 - it's portability, especial with the Sigma 30 2.8, makes it an amazing (and very powerful) camera. But if you want top of the (current) range, the A77 is the one. For me, the A77 is my main camera that I wold not be without, and the Nex7 my pocket/backup.

I have an LA-EA2 on order (should be with me tomorrow), so I haven't used it yet, but I've heard it said that it turns the Nex7 into a smaller A65 (with no SSS), rather than an A77.

But the best camera is the one that you have with you, and if size is an issue, then the Nex7 is the one you're going to be carrying.

best of luck with your choice.

phutyle's gear list:phutyle's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow