F58AM Overheat

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
imlammothion
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: F58AM Overheat
In reply to Mark VB, Jun 25, 2012

Mark VB wrote:

Depending on your end use of the photos, I don't think there's that much difference in noise characteristics between ISO 200 and 400.

Most of the pictures (the best) are to be printed to in large format. Usually tableaus so i try to keep noise levels to the minimum

You don't mention your shutter speed, and whether at the apertures you use you are in normal sync mode or high-speed sync mode.

Normally i use Aperture mode and use F4 - F5.6 to have a nice bokeh and shallow DoF. Can really tell the shutter speed as that´s auto. Probably should use manual

Most times i know that shutter speeds go up and flash works at HSS (we are talking daylight - Sunset or Sunrise)

One thing you don't mention, and I didn't ask, is if you are using any light modifiers with the flash.

Don´t use them

You could consider wrapping the flash in a white/light toned cloth which would minimize this effect.

Will try this.

Not necessarily nonsense, but not very practical. Better might be some kind of way to disperse heat build up. But, all similar flash units have similar problems (e.g., Canon and Nikon).

Yes, i know. Nikon as adressed this in the SB-910 by increasing the recicle times as the flash overheats

-- hide signature --

Proud A100, A300, A700 and now A77 dSLR shooter.
Ex. s602z, with an Fuji s9500 as backup
Also have a HX9V that i love

imlammothion's gear list:imlammothion's gear list
Sigma 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow