OMD-E5 as an action camera, any experience?

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ajendus
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD-E5 as an action camera, any experience?
In reply to karlreed, Jun 25, 2012

It sounds like we have similar setups. I shoot with a D700, 14-24, 50 and 70-200 vr2. Awesome gear.

My E-M5 is also a great setup. I will say that it is my hobby/travel camera. It goes with me everywhere because it is small but also solid. If the D700 has a mirrorless baby brother, it was be the E-M5. That said, the focus is great but its tracking does not appear to be as sophisticated as the D700's or other high-end DSLRs. I don't use it for action, but I have my D700, but I have read about others shooting air shows and such and not been pleased with its performance. However, the sample shots I've seen from these individuals who have suggested the E-M5's C-AF (tracking) isn't good have gotten some pretty sweat shots out of it.

I'm not going to replace my D700 with my E-M5 but if my D700 were to be in the shop or whatever, I wouldn't hesitate to use my E-M5.

-- hide signature --

-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow