D800 [Images] Is this test showing th AF problem?

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fred Braun
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?
D800 [Images] Is this test showing th AF problem?
Jun 25, 2012

I could use some constructive help please. I know it's not the the most scientific way to test for focus issues, but I've run this test many times using different methods. The results are always the same. The left looks out of focus and the right is just a tad out of focus. Should I consider this a defective camera or acceptable AF performance? Should I return it? Does this really matter?

Below is a screen grab of the 3 jpegs in PS. The lower file is the left outer focus point. The others are snap shot images at my first attempts at trying out my new camera. Everything is taken with the Nikon 50 1:8 D. Focus point was always on her face. Shooting in AF-S, moving the focus point around and using Focus Priority with the AF-on button only. Not the sharpest of glass and I think it front focus's a tad, so I need to fine tune it.

Thanks for looking, please comment.
Fred

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow