Beloved D3s is killing my hand :(

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Re: Beloved D3s is killing my hand :(
In reply to the pugelt, Jun 25, 2012

As others have said, the hand strap should help a lot. I have one that I don't use that much anymore because it forces your hand into a certain position that isn't always comfortable for both landscape and portrait position. I found myself holding the camera with my hand outside of the strap, more often than not.

I can't help but wonder why you bought such a big, heavy camera.

The reasons you stated below weren't something that came up all of a sudden, were they ?

the pugelt wrote:

A few months ago I moved from d700 > d3s and am experiencing some hand woes from the added weight.

Specifically, my middle finger is getting mangled.

The problem(s):

• I need to shoot single-handed something like 95% of the time

• cannot use a tri/mono pod

• am often shooting brutally long days (8-10 hours w/very little downtime)

• don't have giant man-hands.

Unfortunately, NONE of these things are negotiable. Especially the man-hands part because I'm female.

As an added bonus, I'm also left eyed so my grip stays the same regardless of camera orientation...as in the portrait grip is useless so my poor mangled finger never gets a break.

It's no shocker that my hand isn't happy about these things. But i can't change any of them -- except for the D3s part. Of course I'm so in love with it now, I don't want to go back to the d700.

Does anyone know of any aids (something??) that can take some pressure off fingers/hands? Of course the universal duct/gaffer tape fix-all comes to mind, but otherwise drawing a complete blank.

-- hide signature --

Look at the bright side... Whitney Houston is 4 months sober !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow