Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,267Gear list
Like?
I've finally joined the SHG club...
Jun 25, 2012

I saw a 7-14mm for sale over at fourthidsphoto.com about 6 weeks ago for what I thought was a fair price. Not unusual, except that it was here in Australia. The other items with it (including a 300mm f2.8 and an E-5) were quickly snapped up, but not the 7-14mm. This lens has been on my lust listfor a long time, so I was temped but couldn't really justify the purchase, rationalizing that my 9-18mm was more than good enough.

I checked back occasionally expecting someone to have bought, bit it resolutely stayed on sale, beckoning me. For 5 weeks I resisted, but I finally caved and bit the bullet.

It arrived today, and despite a dull wet day I was out and about putting it through it's paces. First thoughts are that it's usefully wider than the 9-18mm, but better at resolving fine datail and much better in the corners. It is, of course, nearly 3 times as big though. From my limited testing around the city, I can see I'm going to really enjoy this hunk of glass .

Anyone in the market for a really good confition 9-18mm ?

Mario

Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow