Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tamsea
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Lens to go with the T4i....newbie.
Jun 25, 2012

I'm thinking of buying the new T4i. It will be my very first SLR camera. What lens do you suggest I get with it? I will use the camera to take photos of birds and wildlife in my backyard, family photos, and vacations photos. Should I get the 18-135mm lens that comes with the camera or should I buy something else? I will eventually get a better telephoto lens but want a basic lens that stays with the camera and I can take on trips etc.

From what I understand, this camera needs an STM lens for the video aspect of the camera for which there are 2 available right now. (??) If I would buy a non STM lens, would the video still work as well as it would on the T3i or will it be inferior to that because I'm not using the right lens?

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow