Has anyone used a Contax G 45mm f2 on a M4/3 ??

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,896Gear list
Like?
Has anyone used a Contax G 45mm f2 on a M4/3 ??
Jun 25, 2012

I know of course that it would be Manual Focus but the G-to-M43 adaptor is neither very big nor too expensive and the one I see , does work with the lens as Manual (fully) and/or in Av mode . and seems to be fairly helpful so far as having to use the turn of the lens in Manual mode is concerned.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Pro-NEW-Contax-G-Lens-To-Micro-M4-3-43-M-4-3-M43-Camera-Mount-Adapter-Ring-/120904001968?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item1c2670a9b0

Not exactly a cheap way of using older lenses of course, and for that - in spite of what I'm sure is a superbly good lens.. the main point I suppose is just whether it is worth it to buy this particular lens (plus adaptor) which is then not fuly auto.. but is there an update lens to equal it anyway ?? .. 45mm (=90mm) at f2 is very nice...

and here in UK at least it's barely more than half the price of the Pannie 45mm f2.8
.. and as a Contax T* I bet it's not only cheaper but better....or is it ??

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow