Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djsae
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Olympus 12 and Panasonic 7-14 Advice
Jun 25, 2012

Just wanted some opinions from people that purchased both or one over the other.

Currently own the Olympus 12 2 and have been lusting over the Panny 7-14mm. I am not sure I want to own both but the possibility is always there. I know they are very different lenses so curious to hear some opinions on having a prime w greater low-light ability and close focusing versus having the ability to go even wider. The 12 mm focal length was my favorite as 24mm on full frame.

To quickly give my lens history-- I had the Oly 7-14 with a E-3, moved to D700 with a 14-24. Eventually picked up a Nikon 24 1.4 when I converted to a prime setup and selling the 14-24 because of it. Having recently purchased an OM-D I started with the 12 because figured it would satisfy the Nikon 24. Now I am starting to think if I should of reverted to my old Olympus days before.

I know there has to be plenty of dual owners or highly opinionated people on this matter on this board .

Thanks for any advice!

Nikon D700 Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow