IF Sony moves to complete EVF ONLY and abandons OVF, I think I'll be selling my gear.

Started Feb 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,863Gear list
Like?
Re: IF Sony moves to complete EVF ONLY and abandons OVF, I think I'll be selling my g
In reply to lonewolf69, Jun 25, 2012

Lucas_ wrote:

Lonewolf: I, like you, really like the A900 and its excellent OVF. I said months ago that I'd sell mine, since the A77 I had just bought covered practically everything I needed. Months passed and I still have both ( plus an A55 ). Now I'm finally convinced that I can sell the A900, as well as the A55 and concentrate on the A77! Of course, I'm also very curious about the "A99" and will give it a serious look. If I decide to buy one, I'll still keep the A77. I may also buy an RX100 as carry around/ travell camera.

I suggest you take a better look A77's OLED EVF performance on actual everyday use, and I'm sure the A99's EVF will be even superior.
Cheers!

... Lucas

lonewolf69 wrote:

Hi Lucas,

I'm glad that I sold my 2nd A900 to you WAY back when!!! In hindsight knowing that SONY is going to DUMP OVF, I should have kept it... !!! LOL

I have looked through the EVF of the A77 and it is remarkable, and time may tell if I change my mind about the A99 when it comes out... Eventually EVF will equal, surpass OVF but until that day comes, I'll stick with my HEAVY, trusted A900... :

Hopefully the A99 will arrive with an even better EVF than the A77 completely blowing OVF, BEFORE my A900 dies...
-Alex

Well, I'm sure your A900 will still give you great shots for quite some time, so you'll have the chance to keep on shooting while waiting for the A99 and beyond if needed.

I like the A77 so much that I was even thinking of skipping the A99, but let's wait and see...!

... Lucas

-- hide signature --

Always having fun with photography ...

http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+ 1New
NordNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow