Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mostly Lurking
Senior MemberPosts: 2,103
Like?
What I had to work with the Viewing Distance Thread photo
Jun 25, 2012

Here is the full-size (2640 x 1760, 4.02 MB) SPP .X3F to sRGB .jpg conversion and a screen shot of the settings I used to convert it. As you can see, the colors are 'flat'; it was taken in bright sunlight in the early afternoon. It also suffers either from some camera movement or being mis-focused. I suspect the latter.

The second photo is a 1920 x 1200, 1.55 MB sRGB .JPG screen shot of the SPP conversion along with the settings used and the clipping warnings on. Those were were set at 1 and 254. It will be obvious that the photo was being displayed at 100% and I moved the view to show both the high and low warnings.

I did learn one thing through this exercise that many of you probably knew already: anytime you convert a .TIF to a .JPG, you're going to exaggerate any imperfections and add some new ones.

Any comments you might care to make would be welcomed, but as you know, if you unjustly insult me or the photo(s), I may give it right back to you. Critique is great, Criticism is useless and insulting.

Regardless, Regards

-- hide signature --

William Wilgus

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow