Hand-held moon-shot - yes it's possible!

Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,074Gear list
Like?
Hand-held moon-shot - yes it's possible!
Jun 24, 2012

Ok, this might not be a surprise to some, but my gf and I were certainly surprised at the outcome. This is shot hand-held with the NEX7 and the Sony 70-300mmG lens (with the LA2 adapter). The 'secret' was to use the Anti-Motion Blur mode, which takes a series of images then aligns them in camera. This shot has not been post-processed... it's straight out of the camera. Yes, I know you can get better shots with a tripod, but I'm still impressed with what technology now allows us to do with our bare hands. [My gf was blown away that you can actually see craters! ... guess I was also]. I should also say that I made quite a number of attempts at this; probably a dozen. So perhaps I just got a little lucky with this one also... And let me also add that the air in Singapore is lousy for moon shooting (with all the light pollution and haze)....

Original followed by crop:

-- hide signature --

Galleries: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/glennjude

Sony a900, a700; CZ135mm, CZ24-70mm, SAL70-300mmG, 50mm F1.4, 100mm F2.8 macro, KM17-35mm, CZ16-80mm, KM11-18mm, SAL18-250mm

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow