My Own Finger-Grip for a Small Sony Camera

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,867
Like?
Re: My Own Finger-Grip for a Small Sony Camera
In reply to eschelar, Jun 24, 2012

I hope you can settle down now and that you've gotten it out of your system.

eschelar wrote:

How many flaws I see?

Dude, I only see one flaw. There is glue all over your camera. Whether you think it is dimly lit or not, it's more than a little obvious. Perhaps if you had used pink glue, it would be more visible, but there ain't much that is hard to see here... The paradox here is that you put so much time and effort into using a nice piece of fine grained wood, cut it, smoothed it, stained it, presumably measured it... and then glued it on with the delicacy of a blind three year old amputee kid with delirium tremens.

I'm sure it feels fine and I have zero doubt that it still takes fine pictures.

It's just funny because you are putting it here apparently for people to comment on, but for some reason it escapes you that it looks horrendous . It cost you 10 cents to glue a piece of wood on and turn a brand new camera into something most people would be embarrassed to be in the same room with. I mean seriously, put that thing on a tripod in a room with people in it and look at their faces. That's kind of what you have done here and for some reason, you are actually surprised at their reactions...

it's a bit like welding a spongebob squarepants statuette onto the hood of your brand new Toyota Corolla with a blowtorch.

Yeah, it would (hypothetically) be your car, and you can do what you want with it, but why?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at you, I just think it's bizarre and really quite funny.

(edit: read the model wrong and had the wrong $value)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow