Does MB D 12 actually make a difference?

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
hunk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,213Gear list
Like?
Re: Does MB D 12 actually make a difference?
In reply to Hugo First, Jun 24, 2012

The camera only uses the battery inside the body when the battery in the grip is completely depleted. So, in practice you don't remove the grip much. (which is a 5 second job btw)

Anyway, the grip is build like a tank and very solid. It feels like it's really one with the cam, no wobbles. It's a tiny bit too small for normal hands but much better than the D800 body which is really too small for normal hands. Well, I'm a Dutch male. A chinese girl might think otherwise.

Hugo First wrote:

prasanaphoto wrote:

Thank You

It would be helpful if you can give me one more info also.The MB D12 product manual says that i can use one EN EL 15 in it.Is it like one battery inside the camera and one in the grip ? So for charging the camera battery should i remove the grip and take out the battery from the camera?.Is it practical to do such thing.Thanks in advance

it is easy to remove and attach the grip -- which you must do when recharging the battery inside the camera. if you prefer, however, you can use the camera with a battery in the grip only -- or in the camera, if you prefer.

hunk's gear list:hunk's gear list
Leica M9 Canon Extender EF 2x II Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow