Does MB D 12 actually make a difference?

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
hunk
hunk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,216
Re: Does MB D 12 actually make a difference?

The camera only uses the battery inside the body when the battery in the grip is completely depleted. So, in practice you don't remove the grip much. (which is a 5 second job btw)

Anyway, the grip is build like a tank and very solid. It feels like it's really one with the cam, no wobbles. It's a tiny bit too small for normal hands but much better than the D800 body which is really too small for normal hands. Well, I'm a Dutch male. A chinese girl might think otherwise.

Hugo First wrote:

prasanaphoto wrote:

Thank You

It would be helpful if you can give me one more info also.The MB D12 product manual says that i can use one EN EL 15 in it.Is it like one battery inside the camera and one in the grip ? So for charging the camera battery should i remove the grip and take out the battery from the camera?.Is it practical to do such thing.Thanks in advance

it is easy to remove and attach the grip -- which you must do when recharging the battery inside the camera. if you prefer, however, you can use the camera with a battery in the grip only -- or in the camera, if you prefer.

hunk's gear list:hunk's gear list
Leica M9 Canon Extender EF 2x II Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow