Flat view
Rob Havemeyer
Regular MemberPosts: 258Gear list
Like?
5D3 Lost images from card/camera
Jun 24, 2012

Just had an odd experience with my 5D3
I went out this morning to shoot some sunrise pics down at the beach

I got some great shots and I was reviewing them along the way. I even spent time rating them back in my car. Checking on the sharpness etc.

Once I got home I put the card into the reader, light room came up and hey the images are not there ? I still had shots on the card from the last few days but I still had plenty of room on the card. A bit distressed I took the card out of the reader and put it back in the camera...and nada...they were gone...

The other pics on the card were not protected and I use a continuous file system

I have no clue as to why the pics I took today are gone. I spent a decent amount of time looking at the pics before I left for home. If I had somehow deleted everything then no other pics would be on there. After seeing this I did take a few pics at home and they seem to be ok... they were written to the card and showed up in lightroom.

I only had one card in the camera a Sandisk 16gb Exreme Pro

Summary

Used one card in camera with room on card
Other older photos still on the card were unprotected
Reviewed all new photos during and just after shooting
Delete some poor shots and Rated all photos
Short drive home 10min
Put card into the reader
And lightroom showed only the old photos

I used looked through finder to see all of the files and it was just the old ones

I don't remember seeing the total photo count before/after

Any thoughts would be helpful...just baffled

Rob Havemeyer's gear list:Rob Havemeyer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow