two times first prize with same picture ?

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chuck Lantz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,184Gear list
Like?
Re: two times first prize with same picture ?
In reply to AlexBakerPhotoz, Jun 24, 2012

AlexBakerPhotoz wrote:

I have often entered photos is multiple challenges if they fit the rules and there is no rule excluding multiple entries. Leave it to the hosts. I actually enjoy seeing how the same photo will be received in different contexts. Most interesting is when it wins or does well in one challenge and does poorly in another. Go figure.
--
Alex

I agree on all your points. The Challenges are not a truly serious competition, and considering the fantasrtic prizes for first place, plus the relative ease with which someone can skew the results by having a whole slew of first and second cousins vote, they shouldn't be taken as such.

Using the same photo for different Challenges is the same as entering the same shot in more than one "outside" photo competition. Unless the rules prohibit doing so, what's the harm, especially if the photo fits different themes? I've entered the same shot in a number of Challenges for the same reason.

One way the OP can look at it is this; ... Considering the unintentional vagaries of the voting method in the Challenges, winning two or more Challenges with the same shot could be seen as an extra validation that the shot truly is a deserving winner. ... or something like that.

"It's a dessert topping, and a floor wax!" (for old SNL fans)

-- hide signature --

"If they're not screaming at you to get out of the way, you're not close enough" - I thought this was original, but it's very close to what someone else said. Oh, well.

"Not to compete whole-heartedly, with a will to win, degrades the sport and insults the competition" - anonymous Olympic long-distance runner

"Mongo not know ... Mongo just pawn in game of life." - Mongo

http://www.ChuckLantz.com

Chuck Lantz's gear list:Chuck Lantz's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Sigma SD9 Sigma SD14 Sigma SD15 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow