Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bosman71
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Yes!! I have got one.
Jun 24, 2012

Yesterday we went to my parents and since I sold my A100 last week, I brought a visit to the local camera shop.

It was going to be an A57 or an A65. Read a lot about both cameras so the feel should finalize my decision. The salesman explained me everything I wanted to know and finally started shooting with the A65. Unfortunately his A57 stock was already sold out so I could not compare the EVF's. Inside the EVF was ok. Sure it's different from an OVF, but not so different that I could not get used to it. Then we went outside where it was blue sky and lots of sunshine. There the EVF was rather dark and because it's wysiwyg I thought the exposure settings were wrong. The salesman told me that outside the EVF just is not as bright as an OVF, so the getting used to part was more for outside shooting then inside. And this was with the OLED finder, so what about the A57 finder, which on paper is not up to the OLED finder.

And then I noticed her (the Alpha 580) Like the girl in high school who does not get asked to dance because she wears glasses and home made cloths. The girl who ends up to be the best wife you could possibly want. Perfect...??? no of course not nothing is perfect in life, but you know many look at her later (when divorced?) and think why is she still so happily married. Oh yeah sorry got carried away a little and should save this for my next book.

I have been looking for an A580 for a long time and could not find a new body in store anywhere. So I asked the salesman to get the A580 for me.

It has 7fps shooting speed, 16.2 mp, fast autofocus, fast live view with double AF systems, OVF, very good high ISO performance, 921k dot lcd which swivels, good body feel and a lot more that I still have to figure out It was the last one they had in store and I got a 300 euro discount.

SOLD!!

Will I miss the extra few fps from the SLT's, no don't think so. Will I miss the extra's an EVF can offer....euhh no. Don't think so. AF in video....I have a separate HD video camera and the GPS...., never had it so will not miss that either. For me the A580 is a perfect match and capable of producing very beautiful and clean images. I consider it to be best of both (DSLR-SLT) worlds.

Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow