"Professional Cameras" - not allowed in concert (UK)

Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
IcyVeins
Senior MemberPosts: 1,342Gear list
Like?
Re: "Professional Cameras" - not allowed in concert (UK)
In reply to CFynn, Jun 24, 2012

CFynn wrote:

DannyFong wrote:

Was at a concert with the wife last week and took my Nikon D7000 with a 50mm 1.8 for portability. Was happily firing away firing for a good 45mins when a security lady came up and asked me to show my camera to her. She looked at it and deemed I was not allowed to take pictures with it even though there were thousands of people with compacts cams and mobile phones out. She said it was because its a professional camera. I reluctantly put it away because I didnt want to cause a scene.

Their is no good reason why the D7000 should not be considered a professional camera. Nikon allowed you to count the D7000 as a "pro" body for NPS membership and many people who earn their livelihood from photography use this camera for at least some of their work.

Anyway what is the security company supposed to do - keep a list with their guards of which DSLRs are "pro" and which are not and then ask them to go round checking model numbers?

As others have stated the problem is that there is the standard for "professional camera" is vague and hardly universal, in contrast to the standard for DSLR camera which everybody can agree on. Of course then you'd have someone bringing in a Sony lol...

IcyVeins's gear list:IcyVeins's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W290
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow