Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
meng235
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
D800 service center check for the focusing points
Jun 24, 2012

I am just amateur photographer shooting occasionally. I received my long waiting wonderful (D800) from the official dealer here in Dubai since more than 2 weeks before. I checked all camera settings and everything are working perfectly. But, since 3 days I noted that the accuracy of focusing of the first left focusing point is better than the accuracy of the last right one, therefore, I went yesterday to Nikon service center to investigate this note. The technician excused the receptionist and took the following two trial shots for the right & left focusing points (DSC-0029 & 0030) just as a preliminary check:-

After magnification up to 10x he decided to make a lab test. After 30 minutes later he came back with the following lab shots:-
1. DSC-0031 for shooting with the center focusing point.

2. DSC-0032 for shooting with the left focusing point,

3. DSC-0033 for shooting with the right focusing point.

Despite the technician came out with conclusion that there are no any issues in the focusing points, but I am still a little bit inconvenient. Just want to share and here your advice.

Thank you & sorry for my English

meng235's gear list:meng235's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow