Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeff Morris
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,287Gear list
Like?
Who has had Moire problems with D800E?
Jun 24, 2012

I have read everything I could find on the D800e moire issues. I have a D800 and have the ability to pick up a D800E next week. (I would sell the D800)

My concern is real world Moire problems. Years ago I had issues with my D70 when I would shoot product pictures of loudspeakers with cloth or metal grills. Moire would show up on those pictures and it was very repeatable.

Many D800E owners have stated that moire is a non issue on the D800E. I do not have the opportunity to buy a body, test it and return it if I do not like it. So I need feedback from those of you who shoot with the D800E on a regular basis.

What kind of problems are you having if any?

I want to use the D800E for landscape/travel photos, but it must also work as an every day camera and I have to rebuild my damaged website so I will be taking numerous photos of metal mesh grills, cloth grills etc. That is where my old D70 showed problems.

You assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
--
Regards,

Jeff Morris / Homecinemaman

Adams, Gutmann, Steichen, Snoopy, Stigletz, Weston. they lead by example.

I hunt, I peck, I squint, all on a MacBook Pro 13" laptop. So don't laugh, I'm happy there aren't more typo's! (Love the screen and touch pad, hate the keyboard.)

Jeff Morris's gear list:Jeff Morris's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +15 more
Nikon D70 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow